A refreshing Summer Salad to serve on a crisp baguette.
You will need:
4 x Baby marrows
1 tsp x Sea Salt
2 x Ripe, firm tomatoes
8-10 x Baby bocconcini cheeses (halved)
4 x Basil leaves (shredded)
4 tsp x Olive Oil
1-2 tsp Sherry
Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the baby marrows with a sharp vegetable peeler, into thin ribbon slices (length-wise
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Toss well to coat, and leave to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes into 1cm. diced cubes
- Drain all liquid from the baby marrows, and pat dry, with a paper towel.
- Arrange them on a white salad platter.
- Top with the diced tomato and the halved bocconcini.
- Sprinkle with the shredded basil leaves
- Dress with the olive oil and vinegar, sprinkle with the freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with a crusty baguette and your favourite Rose wine.