SAUCY CHEF CATERING
Tel Farm: 079 694 9462 (06h00-08h00 & 17h00-20h00)
Fax: 086 716 6273 Cell: 082 416 1379
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.paardeplaats.co.za
Saucy Chef Recipe of the Month:
To all “Friends of Paardeplaats & colleagues gastronomiques”:
As we enter the last couple of weeks before Christmas 2012, I would like to wish you and your families, well over the festive season.
Gerda and I have sold one of our houses in Dullstroom, and will soon, also, be selling the other. We have already moved to the farm, with most of our —- ! material possessions in storage. We really can’t wait to get this disruption behind us, for once and for all!
If you would care to look at our “Saucy Chef” page on our website you will see that I have planned several cookery courses on the farm, starting on 14th February 2013, with “Valentine’s Summer Salads”.
To whet your appetite I would like to start off by offering a recipe for the month, which would be ideal for any South African Christmas table.
It looks and tastes divine, and is very inexpensive to make.
God bless you and your families, as we wish you well for Christmas and New Year! Thank you for your support, patronage and above all your friendship through the year.
ZUCCHINI, TOMATO & BOCCONCINI SALAD
A refreshing Summer Salad to serve on a crisp baguette.
Baby marrows 4
Sea Salt 1 Tsp
Ripe, firm tomatoes 2
Baby bocconcini cheeses (halved) 8-10
Basil leaves (shredded) 4
Olive Oil 4 tbsp
Sherry vinegar 1-2 tbsp
Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the baby marrows with a sharp vegetable peeler, into thin ribbon slices (length-wise). Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the sea salt. Toss well to coat, and leave to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes into 1cm. dice
- Drain all liquid from the baby marrows, and pat dry, with a paper towel.
- Arrange them on a white salad platter. Top with the diced tomato and the halved bocconcini.
- Sprinkle with the shredded basil leaves
- Dress with the olive oil and vinegar, sprinkle with the freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with a crusty baguette and your favourite Sauvignon Blanc wine.